drey

drey's library

reviews, interviews, and giveaways from an eclectic reader...

In the Courts of the Sun
Brian D'Amato
Gideon Smith and the Mechanical Girl
David Barnett
The Bone Palace

Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin)

Deadly Sting - Jennifer Estep Published on drey's library: http://www.dreyslibrary.com/2013/04/05/review-54-deadly-sting-by-jennifer-estep/Gin Blanco is no longer an assassin in the shadows – it’s way past anonymity for her since she dispatched Mab Monroe. Not that she’s too worried about that, she can take care of herself. She only wishes Owen were still in her corner, but that’s something he needs to work through on his own…Then Finn invites her to a “do” – one where Mab’s will is to be read and her treasures displayed. Gin reluctantly attends, and finds herself in the middle of a heist. It’s not long before she’s traipsing and tiptoeing around the building and gardens, trying to figure out what’s really going on…Deadly Sting is ninety percent action and plot, and ten (ok, maybe twenty) percent character development, which isn’t as balanced as I normally like my books but it works and it gives us a few questions that will hopefully be answered soon. I cannot wait for the next one!drey’s rating: Pick it up!