drey

drey's library

reviews, interviews, and giveaways from an eclectic reader...

In the Courts of the Sun
Brian D'Amato
Gideon Smith and the Mechanical Girl
David Barnett
The Bone Palace

Songs of Love & Death: All-Original Tales of Star-Crossed Love

Songs of Love and Death: All-Original Tales of Star-Crossed Love - Jim Butcher, Peter S. Beagle, Robin Hobb, Neil Gaiman, Tanith Lee, M.L.N. Hanover, Linnea Sinclair, Yasmine Galenorn, Cecelia Holland, Lisa Tuttle, Melinda M. Snodgrass, Marjorie M. Liu, Mary Jo Putney, Jo Beverley, Jacqueline Carey, Carrie Vaughn, Diana Gabaldon, George Ever wanted to know "what if"? Like, what if Harry Dresden and Murphy ever got together? Then you'll want to read Love Hurts. Ever wondered about Anafiel Delaunay? You, and You Alone shares his dying thoughts. Believed in true love? Destiny calls in The Marrying Maid and Blue Boots. Spent hours doodling and daydreaming away? Imagination meets Twilight Zone in The Thing About Cassandra... I meant to read this one story at a time, to savor them individually. But each was so well-written it whetted the appetite for the next, and the next, and the next after... (No, we shall not talk about my self-control where it regards books!) Looking for a gift for the bookworm who loves fantasy or science-fiction? Pick this up. Seventeen satisfying stories from your favorite authors. Need I say more?